Prairie College intends to offer a premiere business program that will prepare students to be culture-makers and to proclaim the Gospel. The core commitments of the program will be:
• International focus
• entrepreneurial (how to start businesses)
• leadership development
The courses in the business major will serve as electives for other majors, with specific application to pastoral studies, worship leadership, aviation, and sports management.
This full time position exists to support the mission of Prairie “to establish God’s kingdom by equipping and mentoring individuals through biblically integrated education for life and careers that will meet the greatest needs of the world”. This specific role is to provide excellent and relevant educational leadership and teaching to students who are preparing for “business as mission” opportunities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• The first phase of the work will be to design a “business as mission” program to launch in September 2019. The second phase will be to serve as the program coordinator and primary instructor in the program.
• Teach a full-time faculty load of twenty-four credit hours each academic year, with the primary instructional area in business (Program coordinator responsibilities are given the equivalent of three credit hours in the faculty load).
• Serve as the program coordinator for business academic program, providing primary leadership in the development of philosophy, rationale, and curriculum.
• Mentor and disciple students in the business program.
• Participate in faculty meetings and responsibilities.
• Oversight and guidance of business program students in internships/practicums.
• Participate in designated areas of co-curricular life as mutually agreed on with the dean of education.
• Advise students in business program and assist them in finding career futures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Excellent teaching skills in a post-secondary classroom setting.
• Passionate about preparing college students for business with Christian mission and values.
• Understanding of academic rigor appropriate to post-secondary education.
• Broad and deep knowledge of the academic discipline of business.
• Experience in international business.
• Experience in Christian post-secondary education.
• Ability and skill to relate well to college-age students.
• Able to transfer passion, knowledge, and skills for business to students.
• Mission: Knowledge of and commitment to Prairie’s mission, vision, core values, statement of faith, and Community Covenant.
• Church: Understanding of and commitment to the local church.
• Education: A minimum level of a graduate degree in business discipline (PhD preferred).
• Experience: Two or more years of successful post-secondary teaching experience preferred.
• Ministry: Significant experience in business.
• English Language: Excellent knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including composition and grammar.
• Team attitude: Must have the ability to work in and contribute to a team.
In accordance with the standards of the government, preference given to qualified applicants who hold Canadian citizenship or are a permanent residence of Canada. Prairie’s goal is to begin review of applicants by July 1, 2018 and hire by January 1, 2019. Applications will be received until the position has been filled by a qualified person
City State Zip/Postal Code: